News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Here's the problem with laminate flooring...

Started by Angry White Male, June 30, 2018, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I have laminate flooring in my kitchen.  There are gaps in between each laminate board.  Obviously shit can get into these gaps.  I see no easy way to prevent this, and no easy way to clean this...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have laminate flooring in my kitchen.  There are gaps in between each laminate board.  Obviously shit can get into these gaps.  I see no easy way to prevent this, and no easy way to clean this...

I don't have that problem in our house.

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have laminate flooring in my kitchen.  There are gaps in between each laminate board.  Obviously shit can get into these gaps.  I see no easy way to prevent this, and no easy way to clean this...

I put the laminate floor in the kitchen and dining room myself. Somebody did shit work.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I put the laminate floor in the kitchen and dining room myself. Somebody did shit work.

My Uncle and I installed it in my Grandmothers home.  Not terribly difficult.

Odinson

There arent supposed to be any gaps.

Make it more tighter.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Odinson"There arent supposed to be any gaps.

Make it more tighter.

It's this particular design, which was here when I bought the place new...  Not 'adjustable' at all, laminate 'click and stick'.

I'll try to get a pic...

Angry White Male

The gap.  It is universal amongst every piece of the laminate flooring.  Wonder if it's required for expansion and contraction?

Either way, shit can get in there!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2v2724y.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"I put the laminate floor in the kitchen and dining room myself. Somebody did shit work.

My Uncle and I installed it in my Grandmothers home.  Not terribly difficult.

My husband put in laminate flooring and we don't have these problems.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"My husband put in laminate flooring and we don't have these problems.

Maybe it's just the version the builder went with...  probably amongst the cheaper varieties no doubt.

It's still in top notch condition, but if I ever have it replaced, will certainly go with a different type!

Angry White Male

What I kinda thought...  Laminate flooring needs the gap:

QuoteAn expansion gap is essential when it comes to laminate flooring installation. The recommended expansion gap is a minimum of ΒΌ inch. Expert installers say that the larger the space, the larger the expansion gap should be, as the floor needs more space to expand and contract with temperature. Since laminate flooring is a floating floor, it is not attached to the sub-floor and sits on top of the underlayment.